Monday, May 19, 2008

Saver of Chipmunks, Raiser of Hell.

Gossip Girl's season finale was good... but honestly I was underwhelmed. After months of buildup I expected jaw-droppers. Oh well. I hate to love that show :/
Also got a "new" Rolling Stone today. For some reason my subscription always has mine come late. Which is irksome, but tolerable because it's, well, Rolling Stone.

I saved a life today. No really, I did. See, my cats (Izzo and Bobo) were outside, wide-eyed and alert. This only ever means one thing. Some poor defenseless animal is probably taking its last few breaths. To add to the ferocious black cat duo, both the old beagle (Sparty) and my energetic and curious puppy (Juno) were outside. I quickly saw the limping (but very much alive and ok) chipmunk scurrying twoards MY FEET. I (of course) screamed, scooped up Juno and ran. I watched the little thing run from Izzo until he gave up and then ran to get the cat treats to lure the rest of the Baartmans menagerie inside. As far as I know, it lived.

This morning I spent a good amount of time [not studying] and playing with my D-40. Which needs a name. Urgh. There's so much to learn with that, it's almost intimidating. But, hey, I like a challenge.
Speaking of cameras, I went to Best Buy today to return my SECOND Casio Exilim. The first one stopped focusing after a few months, and I brought it in to be fixed. After a month they called to tell us it's broken beyond repair. My mom picked up a new one. Well, this new one had the uncanny ability to stay off no matter what. As in, three battery charges and a lot of frustration and the damn thing still won't power on. So mom and I ventured out to Best Buy yet again. The customer service rep surly and condescending, telling my mother that she "should have bought another warranty" (despite the fact that the original Casio had a 2 year warranty and it had been less than 6 months) and that it would be a "big favor" of them to even exchange the clearly broken camera for a new version of the same camera. At this point, would you want the same camera? No. So we raised hell and eventually (after calling two managers haha) got them to give us store credit. I got a great little Nikon Coolpix (same as Graham's actually, but in purple) but ended up owing my mom $45 for warranties and the price difference. Sigh.
Last time I'm ever buying from them, Wolf Camera has much better service, warranties and prices. Plus their salespeople actually know how a camera works.

Well, that little rant has me angry. And I've got (SIGH SIGH SIGH) homebound tomorrow. Wish me luck and Tylenol.

No comments: